Engenius are installers and maintainers of market-leading car chargers for home.
Engenius Ltd. install the highest quality EV charge-points from trusted manufacturers, with our services fully accredited by MCS, EVCC, and OLEV. We install both standard 7kW- and fast 22kW- EV chargers at commercial and domestic locations across the South of England, operating from our main office on the Isle of Wight and service hub in Bournemouth. We organise material purchase, site check, connection applications and Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) grant applications for our clients, with the view of making the change to Electric Vehicles as smooth as possible for our customers.
To enquire about our EV car charger installation services, call us on 01983 247981 or click here to contact us online.
Product Spotlight: the MyEnergi Zappi
An issue many electric vehicle owners face is poor integration of the EV charger and investments such as solar or home battery, or Time of Use tariffs. MyEnergi Zappi EV charger solves these problems, and offers full control of charging behaviour through a user-friendly mobile application. In addition, this EV charger is one of the only available that is designed and wholly manufactured in the UK with excellent standards of quality.
Three key settings – Eco, Eco+, and fast, allow you to maximise the benefits of solar and Time of Use tariffs when there’s no rush to charge, while also having the option to charge at full rate when you need a fill your car battery fast:
- FAST mode can charge your battery at the full 7kW or 22kW (depending on your electricity supply), using grid energy. This can also be scheduled using time based control.
- ECO mode will charge your car purely from excess generated by your solar array, whenever the power generated is above 1.4kW (EU standards have set the minimum power you may charge EV’s with at 1.4kW).
- ECO+ mode will charge your car constantly at 1.4kW or more, using all excess solar available and making up the difference with grid based energy. The user can also set a ‘minimum green level’, which will stop the car from charging if solar input drops below a user-defined threshold. For example, if the minimum green level is set to 50%, the Zappi will stop charging if solar input falls below 0.7kW, and start charging once there is 0.7kW of solar available.
The accompanying app allows remote control of the charging facility to change between these modes, as well as providing an in depth view into your energy usage.
The Zappi can also monitor and report on energy usage from a wide variety of inputs, including solar, battery, heat pumps, and immersion diverters.
Zappi Launch Video
- 3 year warranty
- Competitive pricing
- Programmable timer function
- Dynamic load balancing for maximum installation flexibility
- Charge and event logging
- Pin-code lock function
- Tap operated display backlight
- Built-in RCD protection
- Integral cable holster
- Remote control and monitoring add-on option
- Supplied with clip-on grid current sensor
- 3x charging modes: eco, eco+ and fast
- Optimises microgeneration self-consumption
- Economy tariff sensing
- Available in 7kW or 22kW (3-phase)
- OLEV (Home Scheme) Approved – Hub device required
Domestic Solar Installation
Rooftop and groundmount PV systems
Engenius are MCS accredited installers of Solar PV systems, with experience of installations from 1-50kW. Our focus on quality in everything we do ensures our PV systems maintain efficiency well, built to withstand the test of time. We are one of the longest standing solar PV installers in the UK, with a wealth of real-world experience ensuring all of our installions are of the best quality.
Domestic Solar Maintenance
Preventative Maintenance and Solar Repair
As with any buy-it-for-life product, an occasional check over and rectification ensures your system will last. Engenius offer Solar PV repair, inverter replacement and preventative maintenance services to domestic and commercial clients, ensuring the system will be restored to optimal condition with any faults rectified.
Solar Immersion Diverters
Engenius offer Immersion Diverters as part of a new PV installation or retrofitted to with existing PV array. These increase your consumption of the energy generated by your solar energy to 100%, using excess generated electricity to heat water instead of being exported to the Grid. By using all your generated energy, this can maximise both your savings and carbon reductions easily.
We operate our services from our bases in Bournemouth and the Isle of Wight. Our in-house coverage for domestic solar services extends over:
- Isle of Wight
- West Sussex
If you’re from outside these regions, we’d encourage you to still call us and we’ll see if we can accomodate without impacting our service.
A few key points to help you decide which solar PV Module to choose for your project.
The often overlooked key to unlocking these technologies’ maximum potential is electricity tariffs – what should you go for?
A lower Solar PV installation price may come back to bite in the future and harm actual profitability, as system design and components aren’t optimal.
Key considerations when choosing the critical parts of your solar system.
Engenius Product Data Sheets